Website Maintenance Contract – Overview
Why do I need a website maintenance contract?
Some of you may think your website is not under attack, but websites are compromised all the time. The majority of website security breaches are not to steal your data or vandalise your website, but instead attempts to use your server as an email relay for spam, or to setup a temporary web server, normally to serve files of an illegal nature.
With a growing number of sophisticated and highly organised automated hacking tools, the maintenance of your business website is paramount but maintenance takes time, regularly software updates and IT expertise.
Jascom Ltd are offering all its existing clients an annual maintenance contract to provide you with the peace of mind and the assurance that your website’s defences are strong. Website maintenance also ensures your website is running smoothly and has the latest backend technology installed. Jascom clients can take out a maintenance contract as part of their annual hosting renewals. We will simply apply it to your bill and if you dont wish to available then just notify us and we will remove it.
Please note that without a maintenance contract your hosting remains unchanged but security checks, weekly backups and maintenance will be your own responsibility.
Jascom Ltd Website Maintenance Contract Covers :-
- WordPress Upgrades – (this software runs your website and needs to be updated regularly to prevent hack attacks)
- Themes and Plugin Upgrades – (these are the pieces of your website that determine how it looks and functions)
- Security Monitoring (We monitor traffic and logins to your website 24X7. Hackers from all over the World run scripts to try to hack any ones website so we monitor and protect your website)
- Backups (We backup your website so that if anything were to happen we can restore it from a recent previous version)
Specific Exclusions – The website maintenance contract does not cover :-
Generally speaking – the website maintenance contract does not cover work involved in making changes to how the website looks or functions. These are known as “Change Requests” and should be submitted via our Support Ticket system on www.jascom.ie/support. These changes may be something that the client wants or they maybe changes enforced due to a change in technology or legal requirements and will usually be subject to a charge to be agreed in advance with the client.
Some example of these exclusions are :-
- Changing the look and feel of the website
- Adding a widget or feature to the website
- Changes to the navigation menu
- Changes to header or footer details
- Connection of Social Networking pages
- Connection of Marketing Tools
- Changes due to GDPR regulations, Privacy or Cookie Policies
- Changes in payment processing systems
- Changing content (images, text, videos etc)
- Connecting 3rd Party Systems
- Search Engine Optimization (SEO)
- Changes to VAT / Duty / Shipping Costs
- Brexit Related Changes
Existing Customers should “Submit A Ticket” via out support desk where we will
- Respond within 2 Hours
- Aim to resolve URGENT ISSUES within 24 hours
- Aim to resolve normal issues within 72 hours
It is important that customers log as much information as possible including screenshots into the ticket and you will be automatically notified via email as we update the ticket.