Way back at the end of 2018 Google told us that it was indexing the desktop and mobile versions of websites. From 28th June 2019 Google has announced that will be indexing the mobile version of any new websites created after 1st July 2019 by default. So what does this mean :-
- New websites will be crawled by Googlebox smartphone indexer
- Mobile friendly content will be included in its index over desktop
- Previews and snippets of the website will be taken and shown in search results.
In short – non mobile friendly websites are dead. Slow loading websites will also be ranked lower as Google is prioritising all things mobile. Why? Its simply because the growth of smartphones/tablets has meant that about 70% of all searches done on the web are done via a mobile device.
What can you do?
- Check if you existing site is fully mobile via – https://search.google.com/test/mobile-friendly
- Check how fast your website loads – https://developers.google.com/speed/pagespeed/insights/
- Check your Google Analytics which are free reports on how your website is performing.
Or let us solve all those problems for you …