DHL Phishing Scam Alert
Some of our customers have reported receiving a genuine looking delivery notification email. In our view this is a phishing scam email for the following reasons outlined in yellow below
- Sender Address = This is not a genuine DHL email address.
- Greeting = No “Dear …” – a genuine email would have you name.
- Fonts = A mixture of font types throughout the email indicates that this email has probably been generated from some type of automated script.
- Sense of Urgency = The use of exclamation marks (Important Message!) and general sense of urgency is used to make you act quickly.
- Payment = They scammers want you to pay just €1.99 to retrieve your delivery – They will very likely misuse your credit card details if you enter them.
Action – We recommend deleting this email and/or marking as SPAM if your email system supports this. If you have clicked on any of the attachments we highly recommend running your updated antivirus software and changing your essential passwords.