Some of our customers have reported receiving an email that seems like it comes from Aer Lingus and is offering a voucher as part of an anniversary offer. This is a phishing scam and has the tell tale signs which are highlighted in yellow :-
- Email – The email address is NOT an Aer Lingus domain email address.
- Subject – “Download … Today!” – Conveys a sense of urgency to get your attention
- Saluation “Hello” – Annonymous and doesnt mention your name.
- Exclusivity – “..name is on that exclusive list” – conveys a false sense of exclusivity to gain your trust
- Link – “Follow this link” – Links to a non Aer Lingus website which has probably been loaded with spyware.
- Sign Off – No Aer Lingus contact is listed.
This Aer Lingus Phishing scam has at least two different variaions – there may be more – but we suggest just deleting his email or marking as Junk.